With the release of macOS Mojave, Mac peoples can finally get an excellent darker-themed UI alternative similar to what those in the Linux world have enjoyed for years. However, given the recent release of the feature there are still a number of apps that don’t support dark mode and look pretty out of place as a result. Here is a list of some ways to make non-Dark-Mode apps look a little better.
- Terminal command (ZSH) to apply dark-mode setting to an app: https://github.com/atom/atom/issues/18111#issuecomment-426277008
- Slack: https://www.reddit.com/r/Slack/comments/94yrv7/dark_theme/e3u5pv7
- Theme: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/macos-mojave-dark-mode/emoadoophllahfgbjaidlhjgnnmmdigh?hl=en
- Dark Reader (Re-themes web sites to a darker style): https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh?hl=en-US
- Outlook: Hah… sorry you’re out of luck
Anyone else have any tips/tricks to customize your UI for dark mode?