docker-compose env file

Sorry, forgot to reply to all. My response to this issue below.

Shalom,

Chongsun

– ​

There are 10 kinds of people in this world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t.

Chongsun Ahn | chongsun.ahn@villagereach.org

Software Development Engineer

Village****Reach* ** Starting at the Last Mile*

2900 Eastlake Ave. E, Suite 230, Seattle, WA 98102, USA

DIRECT: 1.206.512.1536 **CELL: **1.206.910.0973 FAX: 1.206.860.6972

www.villagereach.org

Connect on Facebook****, Twitter** ** and our Blog

···

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Re: [openlmis-dev] docker-compose env file

Date: June 14, 2016 at 10:14:32 AM PDT

To: Sebastian Brudziński sbrudzinski@soldevelo.com

Hey Sebastian,

Sorry, I forgot that my code changes would break local dev builds. Yes, for any Independent Service projects, you will need a .env file in the root folder of the project, which specifies db url, username and password. You can use the one here as a starter (https://github.com/OpenLMIS/openlmis-config/blob/master/.env).

I will update the quick start docs shortly in each of the repos. Thanks for pointing it out.

Shalom,

Chongsun

– ​

There are 10 kinds of people in this world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t.

Chongsun Ahn | chongsun.ahn@villagereach.org

Software Development Engineer

Village****Reach* ** Starting at the Last Mile*

2900 Eastlake Ave. E, Suite 230, Seattle, WA 98102, USA

DIRECT: 1.206.512.1536 **CELL: **1.206.910.0973 FAX: 1.206.860.6972

www.villagereach.org

Connect on Facebook****, Twitter** ** and our Blog

On Jun 14, 2016, at 5:25 AM, Sebastian Brudziński sbrudzinski@soldevelo.com wrote:

Hello,

I’ve noticed that after tonight’s changes connected with adding environment file to docker-compose configuration, it became impossible to start the projects locally with Docker, using docker-compose run. The reason is missing .env file, that has been specified in the configuration, but doesn’t exist on the three repositories.

Adding empty file broke the build, so I left it as is for now. I’ve noticed that Jenkins has been configured to fetch the .env file, containing database access, from the new openlmis-config repository before each build. I’ve been wondering about the local development flow though. Should we now manually create the .env files with database access before starting the project? If so, I suppose we should at least mention it in the “quick start” docs.

Best regards,

Sebastian Brudzinski.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenLMIS Dev” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openlmis-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to
openlmis-dev@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openlmis-dev/575FF7A2.3010200%40soldevelo.com

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.