FW: Gavi Vaccine LMIS Target Product Profile: Updated draft

Hello Product Committee,

Thank you again to those who provided input and comments into the TPP. I apologize for the late circulation but attached is the most recent version of the document. I assume most of you probably already saw this but I wanted to make sure you had a copy.

I will keep everyone update as we learn more about the development of the TPP and the adjudication process.

Thanks,

Mary Jo

TPP for VxLMIS r4a.docx (528 KB)

···

From: “Chris Wright (External Consultant)” cwright-external-consultant@gavi.org

Date: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 2:05 AM

To: "HDCLMIS@googlegroups.com" HDCLMIS@googlegroups.com, Craig Drown craig@sussol.net, Mary Jo Kochendorfer maryjo.kochendorfer@villagereach.org, Anup Akkihal anup@logistimo.com, "michael@fieldintelligence.org" michael@fieldintelligence.org, Evelyn Castle evelyn@ehealthafrica.org, "rluk@dimagi.com" rluk@dimagi.com, "scott@dhis2.org" scott@dhis2.org, “Trousil, Gene (gtrousil@onenetwork.com)” gtrousil@onenetwork.com, "sguddati@onenetwork.com" sguddati@onenetwork.com, Gary John Willetts gary@sussol.net, Kelly Adediha kadediha@dimagi.com, Michael Nunan michaelnunan@outlook.com, "toryalaihart@gmail.com" toryalaihart@gmail.com, Edward Wilson edward_wilson@jsi.com, "mbrison@clintonhealthaccess.org" mbrison@clintonhealthaccess.org, 严仕斌 shibin.ysb@alibaba-inc.com

Cc: Li Zhang lzhang@gavi.org

Subject: Gavi Vaccine LMIS Target Product Profile: Updated draft

Dear HDC/LMIS colleagues and other solution providers:

Please find attached the latest draft of the Vaccine LMIS TPP. Thanks to everyone who provided input so far; I received very good feedback from a wide variety of stakeholders (see below), which I hope has been reflected in this version.

To date, there have been three rounds of review and revision, with the following groups invited to provide feedback—

• The Interagency Supply Chain Group (ISG)

• iSC Steering Committee (UNICEF, WHO, BMGF, CHAI, JSI, PATH, VillageReach, Gavi Secretariat)

• Health Data Collaborative/LMIS Working Group (donors, implementers, and some solution providers)

• Solution providers including Logistimo, OpenLMIS, SustainableSolutions (mSupply), Dimagi (CommCare), eHealth for Africa (LoMIS), Field Intelligence, OneNetwork, and AliHealth.

As some of you know (sorry for the cross-posting), at the request of the Interagency Supply Chain Group (ISG) and with the encouragement of Gavi, I have adapted the TPP to make a product-agnostic version for which we will seek endorsement by other donors; I have sent that version to the ISG for further discussion.

We will be discussing the Vaccine LMIS TPP at next month’s Immunization Supply Chain (iSC) Steering Committee meeting, including the following next steps:

• Conduct final review and approval of the Vaccine LMIS TPP with the iSC Steering Committee (June face-to-face meeting)

• Develop adjudication process and workplan and present to the iSC Steering Committee (June 5-6 face-to-face meeting)

• Draft product-agnostic LMIS TPP for review and endorsement by ISG members (June 26-28 face-to-face meeting)

• Finalize adjudication process and workplan, create review panel Terms of References, and recruit subject matter experts from iSC Steering Committee and HDC/LMIS Working Group (July-August)

• Draft country guidance for selecting and implementing TPP-qualified solutions (July-August)

• Post final Vaccine LMIS TPP online and disseminate via social media, TechNet and other channels, and invite known solution providers to participate in the adjudication process (August-September)

• Schedule review panel meeting and conduct adjudication of solutions ((Q4
    2018)

• Define, negotiate, and establish global agreements with TPP-qualified solution providers (Q1 2019)

• Announce TPP-qualified solutions and issue country guidance (Q1 2019)

At this time, I am not seeking further input but I still welcome any questions or comments you might have.

Cheers,

Chris

Sent: 03 April 2018 13:07

To: Sandy Lennon plennon@path.org; Hamadou Dicko hdicko@gavi.org; Patrick Lydon lydonp@who.int; Ousmane Tamba Dia otdia@unicef.org; idube@unicef.org; Ryan McWhorter rmcwhorter@unicef.org; mbrison@clintonhealthaccess.org; carmit_keddem@jsi.com; tsorensen@unicef.org; Morio, Matt mmorio@path.org; wendy_prosser@jsi.com; yletallec@clintonhealthaccess.org; Anna Rapp anna.rapp@gatesfoundation.org; Andrew Jones Andrew.Jones@gatesfoundation.org; Melissa West melissa.west@villagereach.org; Karan Sagar ksagar@gavi.org; klegins@unicef.org; Chris Wright chris_wright@jsi.com; Olivier.defawe@villagereach.org; Patrick Lydon lydonp@who.int; Gemma Orta-Martinez gortamartinez@unicef.org; kones (kones@who.int) kones@who.int; tania cernuschi (cernuschit@who.int) cernuschit@who.int

Subject: Gavi Vaccine LMIS Target Product Profile: draft for review

Hello iSC2 colleagues:

As most of you already know, Gavi is planning to issue a Target Product Profile (TPP) for LMIS solutions that meet the particular needs of vaccines, including visibility into cold chain equipment and temperature. A TPP is commonly used as a market shaping tool when donors are seeking new pharmaceuticals or vaccines, and have also been applied to incentivise development of diagnostic and cold chain equipment that are optimised for low-resource settings. However, a TPP approach has not been applied to information systems before, so we are in new territory.

Gavi’s interest is to move away from funding bespoke systems that are not easily replicated in other countries, and that reinforce existing—often inadequate—business processes, and instead identify a set of software applications or combination of applications that countries can adopt, configure, and use. Gavi is also seeking software applications that represent a range of different business models from which countries can choose, from open source to COTS to SaaS.

Please Note: The process for adjudicating potential solutions against the TPP is under discussion but not yet fully defined. Your input into this discussion is welcome.

I have already had a round of input from members of the Interagency Supply Chain Group
(ISG), so this draft is ready for broader partner input. I’ve targeted the HDC/LMIS group and a number of other contacts representing solution providers or stewards of open source LMIS solutions. I’m including the iSC2 team for transparency and to ensure the broadest possible input.

I invite your input into this TP and eagerly await your feedback. Please forward to others in your team who you think might have insight, too.

Deadline for input: Gavi is in a hurry to finalize the TPP, so my timeline is tight. Please provide whatever input you can by April 20.

For those of you who are already members of the ISG or the HDC/LMIS, my apologies for cross posting.

Cheers,

Chris

Chris Wright

Consultant

Immunization Supply Chains/Data for Management Solutions

Mobile: +41 77 951 7144

Sent: 03 April 2018 12:47

To: ‘HDCLMIS@googlegroups.com’ HDCLMIS@googlegroups.com; ‘Craig Drown’ craig@sussol.net; Mary Jo Kochendorfer maryjo.kochendorfer@villagereach.org; ‘Anup Akkihal’ anup@logistimo.com; ‘michael@fieldintelligence.org’ michael@fieldintelligence.org; ‘Evelyn Castle’ evelyn@ehealthafrica.org; ‘rluk@dimagi.com’ rluk@dimagi.com; ‘scott@dhis2.org’ scott@dhis2.org

Dear Health Data Collaborative/LMIS partners and other potential solution providers:

As most of you already know, Gavi is planning to issue a Target Product Profile (TPP) for LMIS solutions that meet the particular needs of vaccines, including visibility into cold chain equipment and temperature. A TPP is commonly used as a market shaping tool when donors are seeking new pharmaceuticals or vaccines, and have also been applied to incentives development of diagnostic and cold chain equipment that are optimized for low-resource settings. However, a TPP approach has not been applied to information systems, before, so we are in new territory.

Gavi’s interest is to move away from funding bespoke systems that are not easily replicated in other countries, and that reinforce existing—often inadequate—business processes, and instead identify a set of applications or combination of robust applications that countries can adopt, configure, and use. Gavi is also seeking applications that represent a range of different business models from which countries can choose, from open source to COTS to SaaS.

Please Note: The process for adjudicating potential solutions against the TPP is under discussion but not yet fully defined. Your input into this discussion is welcome.

I have already had a round of input from members of the Interagency Supply Chain Group
(ISG), so this draft is ready for broader partner input. I’ve target the HDC/LMIS group as added a number of other contacts representing solution providers or stewards of open source LMIS solutions.

I invite your input into this TPP, especially in terms of the following questions:

1. As a solution provider, is this TPP a useful tool for informing your solution new features development roadmap?

2. Is the TPP detailed enough to serve its market shaping purpose, or does it require an additional software requirement specifications (more typical for procurement)?

3. Do you see your solution as meeting a subset of TPP features, and if so, will the TPP help you in seeking partners to present a comprehensive stack of applications the fulfill the TPP?

4. How can Gavi incentivise solution providers to meet more of the TPP features?

5. How can Gavi incentivise solution providers to reduce the total cost of ownership for countries (esp. for COTS and SaaS)?

6. What questions/comments do you have about the content of the TPP?

Deadline for input: Gavi is in a hurry to finalize the TPP, so my timeline is tight. Please provide whatever input you can by April 20.

For those of you who are already members of the ISG or the HDC/LMIS, my apologies for cross posting.

Thank you for your interest and engagement in this effort!

Chris

Chris Wright

Consultant

Dear Mary Jo (cc Product Committee),

Attached is a track changes version of the TPP v4 with comments from my perspective at VillageReach.

This TPP is an impressive document. I look forward to how it will stimulate the market for Vaccine LMIS solutions.

-Brandon

Brandon Bowersox-Johnson | brandon.bowersox-johnson@villagereach.org

Acting Director & Group Lead, Information Systems

VillageReach
Starting at the Last Mile

2900 Eastlake Ave. E, Suite 230, Seattle, WA 98102, USA

PHONE: +1 206.486.3018 FAX: +1 206.860.6972

WHATSAPP/SMS: +1 217.766.1166

www.villagereach.org

Connect on Facebook, Twitter and our Blog

TPP for VxLMIS r4a-BrandonCommentsMay312018.docx (532 KB)

···

From: openlmis_product_committee@googlegroups.com on behalf of Mary Jo Kochendorfer maryjo.kochendorfer@villagereach.org

Date: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 2:36 PM

To: "openlmis_product_committee@googlegroups.com" openlmis_product_committee@googlegroups.com

Subject: FW: Gavi Vaccine LMIS Target Product Profile: Updated draft

Hello Product Committee,

Thank you again to those who provided input and comments into the TPP. I apologize for the late circulation but attached is the most recent version of the document. I assume most of you probably already saw this but I wanted to make sure you had a copy.

I will keep everyone update as we learn more about the development of the TPP and the adjudication process.

Thanks,

Mary Jo

From: “Chris Wright (External Consultant)” cwright-external-consultant@gavi.org

Date: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 2:05 AM

To: "HDCLMIS@googlegroups.com" HDCLMIS@googlegroups.com, Craig Drown craig@sussol.net, Mary Jo Kochendorfer maryjo.kochendorfer@villagereach.org, Anup Akkihal anup@logistimo.com, "michael@fieldintelligence.org" michael@fieldintelligence.org, Evelyn Castle evelyn@ehealthafrica.org, "rluk@dimagi.com" rluk@dimagi.com, "scott@dhis2.org" scott@dhis2.org, “Trousil, Gene (gtrousil@onenetwork.com)” gtrousil@onenetwork.com, "sguddati@onenetwork.com" sguddati@onenetwork.com, Gary John Willetts gary@sussol.net, Kelly Adediha kadediha@dimagi.com, Michael Nunan michaelnunan@outlook.com, "toryalaihart@gmail.com" toryalaihart@gmail.com, Edward Wilson edward_wilson@jsi.com, "mbrison@clintonhealthaccess.org" mbrison@clintonhealthaccess.org, 严仕斌 shibin.ysb@alibaba-inc.com

Cc: Li Zhang lzhang@gavi.org

Subject: Gavi Vaccine LMIS Target Product Profile: Updated draft

Dear HDC/LMIS colleagues and other solution providers:

Please find attached the latest draft of the Vaccine LMIS TPP. Thanks to everyone who provided input so far; I received very good feedback from a wide variety of stakeholders (see below), which I hope has been reflected in this version.

To date, there have been three rounds of review and revision, with the following groups invited to provide feedback—

• The Interagency Supply Chain Group (ISG)

• iSC Steering Committee (UNICEF, WHO, BMGF, CHAI, JSI, PATH, VillageReach, Gavi Secretariat)

• Health Data Collaborative/LMIS Working Group (donors, implementers, and some solution providers)

• Solution providers including Logistimo, OpenLMIS, SustainableSolutions (mSupply), Dimagi (CommCare), eHealth for Africa (LoMIS), Field Intelligence, OneNetwork, and AliHealth.

As some of you know (sorry for the cross-posting), at the request of the Interagency Supply Chain Group (ISG) and with the encouragement of Gavi, I have adapted the TPP to make a product-agnostic version for which we will seek endorsement by other donors; I have sent that version to the ISG for further discussion.

We will be discussing the Vaccine LMIS TPP at next month’s Immunization Supply Chain (iSC) Steering Committee meeting, including the following next steps:

• Conduct final review and approval of the Vaccine LMIS TPP with the iSC Steering Committee (June face-to-face meeting)

• Develop adjudication process and workplan and present to the iSC Steering Committee (June 5-6 face-to-face meeting)

• Draft product-agnostic LMIS TPP for review and endorsement by ISG members (June 26-28 face-to-face meeting)

• Finalize adjudication process and workplan, create review panel Terms of References, and recruit subject matter experts from iSC Steering Committee and HDC/LMIS Working Group (July-August)

• Draft country guidance for selecting and implementing TPP-qualified solutions (July-August)

• Post final Vaccine LMIS TPP online and disseminate via social media, TechNet and other channels, and invite known solution providers to participate in the adjudication process (August-September)

• Schedule review panel meeting and conduct adjudication of solutions ((Q4
    2018)

• Define, negotiate, and establish global agreements with TPP-qualified solution providers (Q1 2019)

• Announce TPP-qualified solutions and issue country guidance (Q1 2019)

At this time, I am not seeking further input but I still welcome any questions or comments you might have.

Cheers,

Chris

Sent: 03 April 2018 13:07

To: Sandy Lennon plennon@path.org; Hamadou Dicko hdicko@gavi.org; Patrick Lydon lydonp@who.int; Ousmane Tamba Dia otdia@unicef.org; idube@unicef.org; Ryan McWhorter rmcwhorter@unicef.org; mbrison@clintonhealthaccess.org; carmit_keddem@jsi.com; tsorensen@unicef.org; Morio, Matt mmorio@path.org; wendy_prosser@jsi.com; yletallec@clintonhealthaccess.org; Anna Rapp anna.rapp@gatesfoundation.org; Andrew Jones Andrew.Jones@gatesfoundation.org; Melissa West melissa.west@villagereach.org; Karan Sagar ksagar@gavi.org; klegins@unicef.org; Chris Wright chris_wright@jsi.com; Olivier.defawe@villagereach.org; Patrick Lydon lydonp@who.int; Gemma Orta-Martinez gortamartinez@unicef.org; kones (kones@who.int) kones@who.int; tania cernuschi (cernuschit@who.int) cernuschit@who.int

Hello iSC2 colleagues:

As most of you already know, Gavi is planning to issue a Target Product Profile (TPP) for LMIS solutions that meet the particular needs of vaccines, including visibility into cold chain equipment and temperature. A TPP is commonly used as a market shaping tool when donors are seeking new pharmaceuticals or vaccines, and have also been applied to incentivise development of diagnostic and cold chain equipment that are optimised for low-resource settings. However, a TPP approach has not been applied to information systems before, so we are in new territory.

Gavi’s interest is to move away from funding bespoke systems that are not easily replicated in other countries, and that reinforce existing—often inadequate—business processes, and instead identify a set of software applications or combination of applications that countries can adopt, configure, and use. Gavi is also seeking software applications that represent a range of different business models from which countries can choose, from open source to COTS to SaaS.

I have already had a round of input from members of the
Interagency Supply Chain Group
(ISG), so this draft is ready for broader partner input. I’ve targeted the HDC/LMIS group and a number of other contacts representing solution providers or stewards of open source LMIS solutions. I’m including the iSC2 team for transparency and to ensure the broadest possible input.

I invite your input into this TP and eagerly await your feedback. Please forward to others in your team who you think might have insight, too.

Cheers,

Chris

Chris Wright

Consultant

Sent: 03 April 2018 12:47

To: ‘HDCLMIS@googlegroups.com’ HDCLMIS@googlegroups.com; ‘Craig Drown’ craig@sussol.net; Mary Jo Kochendorfer maryjo.kochendorfer@villagereach.org; ‘Anup Akkihal’ anup@logistimo.com; ‘michael@fieldintelligence.org’ michael@fieldintelligence.org; ‘Evelyn Castle’ evelyn@ehealthafrica.org; ‘rluk@dimagi.com’ rluk@dimagi.com; ‘scott@dhis2.org’ scott@dhis2.org

Dear Health Data Collaborative/LMIS partners and other potential solution providers:

As most of you already know, Gavi is planning to issue a Target Product Profile (TPP) for LMIS solutions that meet the particular needs of vaccines, including visibility into cold chain equipment and temperature. A TPP is commonly used as a market shaping tool when donors are seeking new pharmaceuticals or vaccines, and have also been applied to incentives development of diagnostic and cold chain equipment that are optimized for low-resource settings. However, a TPP approach has not been applied to information systems, before, so we are in new territory.

Gavi’s interest is to move away from funding bespoke systems that are not easily replicated in other countries, and that reinforce existing—often inadequate—business processes, and instead identify a set of applications or combination of robust applications that countries can adopt, configure, and use. Gavi is also seeking applications that represent a range of different business models from which countries can choose, from open source to COTS to SaaS.

I have already had a round of input from members of the
Interagency Supply Chain Group
(ISG), so this draft is ready for broader partner input. I’ve target the HDC/LMIS group as added a number of other contacts representing solution providers or stewards of open source LMIS solutions.

I invite your input into this TPP, especially in terms of the following questions:

1. As a solution provider, is this TPP a useful tool for informing your solution new features development roadmap?

2. Is the TPP detailed enough to serve its market shaping purpose, or does it require an additional software requirement specifications (more typical for procurement)?

3. Do you see your solution as meeting a subset of TPP features, and if so, will the TPP help you in seeking partners to present a comprehensive stack of applications the fulfill the TPP?

4. How can Gavi incentivise solution providers to meet more of the TPP features?

5. How can Gavi incentivise solution providers to reduce the total cost of ownership for countries (esp. for COTS and SaaS)?

6. What questions/comments do you have about the content of the TPP?

Thank you for your interest and engagement in this effort!

Chris

Chris Wright

Consultant

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenLMIS Product Committee” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openlmis_product_committee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to
openlmis_product_committee@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openlmis_product_committee/3F010917-5B26-4265-8A42-A21232EE4032%40villagereach.org

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.