Governance charter draft

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your inputs on the Governance charter – I’ve taken those comments and ideas into account, including those that were discussed during the last Governance call, and have tried to incorporate them. The updated draft can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/work/OpenLMIS%20Governance%20Charter%20Draft

If you haven’t yet looked at the draft, now would be an excellent time. There are still a few areas that need discussion and revision, specifically:

• Organizations need to designate a primary voting member AND an alternate. Please either add this information to the table in the document, email the forum or me directly, or come ready to discuss during the next call
  • The fourth point under “approval responsibilities” still needs discussion. Kaleb noted that it was unclear how the proposal process would work, and I would welcome your ideas either in the document or during the call
  • We need to discuss the idea of electing a rotating chair, and determine the period of time that the chair would serve
  • I have made some major revisions to the voting process, simplifying the process and adding in language around the role of BMGF and USAID as primary funders having a majority say/veto power in any vote
    We’re a week away from the next Governance committee meeting on Tuesday, Feb. 21 – please look over the document and provide any final feedback by Monday, Feb. 20.

Warm regards,

···

Tenly Elizabeth Snow, MS

OpenLMIS Community Manager

tenly.snow@openlmis.org

CELL: 1.406.544.4856 FAX: 1.206.860.6972

OpenLMIS.org HingX OpenLMIS Wiki

Hello Tenly,

Thanks for the updated version. I have just added more comments and questions for you and the group so apologize for adding more queries and not less.

We will respond to Point 1 around Voting and Alternate members for Gates. For Point 2, I would propose that we spend part of the next Governance Committee call on the Responsibilities especially the 4th point and I proposed a 5th point in that section.

Look forward to the discussion.

Best,

Kaleb

···

**Kaleb Brownlow
**Supply Chain Program Officer

V+1.206.770.1508

M +1.206.910.0566

EKaleb.Brownlow@gatesfoundation.org

Program Assistant: Debbie Countryman

V
+1.206.709.3203

EDebbie.Countryman@gatesfoundation.org

Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 8:47 AM

To: Taliesin, Brian btaliesin@path.org; Kyle Duarte kduarte@ghsc-psm.org; Jake Watson <jake.watson@villagereach.org >; Lindabeth ldoby@usaid.gov; Kaleb Brownlow Kaleb.Brownlow@gatesfoundation.org; Karl Brown (kabrown@thoughtworks.com ) kabrown@thoughtworks.com; Mattias Wiklund mattias_wiklund@jsi.com; Chris Wright <chris_wright@jsi.com >; Christopher Opit chris_opit@zm.jsi.com; Nicodemus, Wendy wendy_nicodemus@jsi.com; Nuran Adris Mallya nidris@ghsc-psm.org; Geoffrey Weber <gweber@clintonhealthaccess.org >; Ramy Guirguis rguirguis@usaid.gov

Cc: openlmis-governance@googlegroups.com

Subject: Governance charter draft

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your inputs on the Governance charter – I’ve taken those comments and ideas into account, including those that were discussed during the last Governance call, and have tried to incorporate them. The updated draft can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/work/OpenLMIS%20Governance%20Charter%20Draft

If you haven’t yet looked at the draft, now would be an excellent time. There are still a few areas that need discussion and revision, specifically:

• Organizations need to designate a primary voting member AND an alternate. Please either add this information to the table in the document, email the forum or me directly, or come ready to discuss during the next call

• The fourth point under “approval responsibilities” still needs discussion. Kaleb noted that it was unclear how the proposal process would work, and I would welcome your ideas either in the document or during the call

• We need to discuss the idea of electing a rotating chair, and determine the period of time that the chair would serve

• I have made some major revisions to the voting process, simplifying the process and adding in language around the role of BMGF and USAID as primary funders having a majority say/veto power in any vote

We’re a week away from the next Governance committee meeting on Tuesday, Feb. 21 – please look over the document and provide any final feedback by Monday, Feb. 20.

Warm regards,

Tenly Elizabeth Snow, MS

OpenLMIS Community Manager

tenly.snow@openlmis.org

CELL: 1.406.544.4856 FAX: 1.206.860.6972

OpenLMIS.org HingX OpenLMIS Wiki