[iaphl] RFI- Logistics & Health Management Information Systems Solutions in El Salvador

Thanks Matt – my understanding from conversations with Americares is that they are considering a deployment for all programs currently managed by the El Salvador health system (though not sure if this includes vaccines). I think this would also take more shape during a requirements gathering discussion – ie. Whether they would like to start with a small subset of programs and scale, or start with a full scope initially.

Warm regards,

···

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 6:07 PM, Tenly Snow
tenly.snow@villagereach.org wrote:

Hello everyone,

Many of you likely saw this post from Ashley Canchola of Americares on the IAPHL forum today. I have been working closely with Ashley and her team to develop this RFI and shape their thinking around an LMIS project in El Salvador. Ashley has been participating in many of the OpenLMIS Governance Committee calls, and their organization has been very appreciative of the direction and assistance of the OpenLMIS Community.

Ashley asked that we circulate this opportunity within the Community to determine the best course of action for responding to the RFI. Please refer to the posting on openlmis.org for full details of the RFI: http://openlmis.org/rfi-logistics-health-management-information-systems-solutions-el-salvador/

The OpenLMIS core team has reviewed this opportunity in addition to holding a few exploratory conversations with Americares on their preferred system(s). Because of the inclusion of patient registration and pharmacy requirements in addition to supply chain, mobile stock management, and patient data elements, they are leaning toward a DHIS2 + Bahmni + OpenLMIS + OpenSRP implementation – something along the lines of an E2E solution. While the coordination of so many systems sounds daunting on paper, I think this lines up well with the recent
OpenLMIS/OpenSRP/DHIS2
meeting held in Seattle.

I would like to start a discussion here on our interest as a community in responding to this RFI and coordinating a response. Please respond if you have thoughts on their requirements or are interested in playing a role in this potential implementation.

Warm regards,

Tenly Elizabeth Snow, MS

OpenLMIS Community Manager

tenly.snow@openlmis.org

CELL/WhatsAPP: +1.406.544.4856

OpenLMIS.org OpenLMIS Wiki

From: IAPHL@my.ibpinitiative.org on behalf of "ashley.canchola@gmail.com" ashley.canchola@gmail.com

Reply-To: “International Association for Public Health Logisticians (IAPHL)” IAPHL@my.ibpinitiative.org

Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at 12:26 PM

To: “International Association for Public Health Logisticians (IAPHL)” IAPHL@my.ibpinitiative.org

Subject: [iaphl] RFI- Logistics & Health Management Information Systems Solutions in El Salvador

Greetings IAPHL Community,

Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization bringing medicine, medical care and health programs to people affected by poverty or disaster. Responding to the needs of our local partners and the communities they serve, our work addresses health themes including health systems

strengthening. We are currently looking for information on what type of open LMIS and HMIS solutions exist to use with our partners in El Salvador. Please see the attached for more information and email me with any follow up questions. Warm Regards, Ashley Canchola

Hi Darius,

Thanks for voicing your support. I will reach out to you, Matt, and anyone else interested in the next few days to start building a response to the RFI.

Warm regards,

···

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 11:18 AM, Tenly Snow

Thanks Matt – my understanding from conversations with Americares is that they are considering a deployment for all programs currently managed by the El Salvador health system (though not sure if this includes vaccines). I think this would also take more shape during a requirements gathering discussion – ie. Whether they would like to start with a small subset of programs and scale, or start with a full scope initially.

Warm regards,

Tenly Elizabeth Snow, MS

tenly.snow@openlmis.org

Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at 6:51 PM

To: Tenly Snow tenly.snow@villagereach.org

Cc: "openlmis-governance@googlegroups.com" <openlmis-governance@googlegroups.com >, Lauren Wall lwall@path.org, “Leitner, Carl” cleitner@path.org, “Taliesin, Brian” <btaliesin@path.org >, Lindabeth ldoby@usaid.gov, Kaleb Brownlow Kaleb.Brownlow@gatesfoundation.org, Jake Watson jake.watson@villagereach.org , “Karl Brown (kabrown@thoughtworks.com)” kabrown@thoughtworks.com, Christopher George <cgeorge@thoughtworks.com >, Danni Yu dyu@thoughtworks.com, Gaurav Bhattacharya gbhattacharya@clintonhealthaccess.org, Tim Wood Tim.Wood@gatesfoundation.org , David Sarley David.Sarley@gatesfoundation.org, Kyle Duarte kduarte@ghsc-psm.org, Nuran Adris Mallya <nidris@ghsc-psm.org >, Scott Teesdale steesdale@instedd.org, Alpha Nsaghurwe nalpha@tz.jsi.com, Ashraf Islam <ashraf_islam@jsi.com >, Mattias Wiklund mattias_wiklund@jsi.com, Chris Wright chris_wright@jsi.com, Christopher Opit <chris_opit@zm.jsi.com >, Christine Lenihan christine.lenihan@villagereach.org, Vidya Sampath <vidya.sampath@villagereach.org >, Rachel Powers rachel.powers@villagereach.org, Mary Jo Kochendorfer <maryjo.kochendorfer@villagereach.org >, Brandon Bowersox-Johnson brandon.bowersox-johnson@villagereach.org, “BenDor, Amanda” abendor@path.org, Darius Jazayeri <djazayer@thoughtworks.com >, Steffen Tengesdal stengesdal@baosystems.com

Subject: Re: FW: [iaphl] RFI- Logistics & Health Management Information Systems Solutions in El Salvador

Hi Tenly,

From the OpenSRP side we would be very interested in supporting this. We would also be open to help with OpenLMIS as we gain experience more experience in this.

Do you have a sense of the health focus areas they are targeting? It seems facility based but am curious if there are any particular programmatic areas Americas is focusing on.

Thanks,

Matt

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 6:07 PM, Tenly Snow

Hello everyone,

Many of you likely saw this post from Ashley Canchola of Americares on the IAPHL forum today. I have been working closely with Ashley and her team to develop this RFI and shape their thinking around an LMIS project in El Salvador. Ashley has been participating in many of the OpenLMIS Governance Committee calls, and their organization has been very appreciative of the direction and assistance of the OpenLMIS Community.

Ashley asked that we circulate this opportunity within the Community to determine the best course of action for responding to the RFI. Please refer to the posting on openlmis.org for full details of the RFI: http://openlmis.org/rfi-logistics-health-management-information-systems-solutions-el-salvador/

The OpenLMIS core team has reviewed this opportunity in addition to holding a few exploratory conversations with Americares on their preferred system(s). Because of the inclusion of patient registration and pharmacy requirements in addition to supply chain, mobile stock management, and patient data elements, they are leaning toward a DHIS2 + Bahmni + OpenLMIS + OpenSRP implementation – something along the lines of an E2E solution. While the coordination of so many systems sounds daunting on paper, I think this lines up well with the recent
OpenLMIS/OpenSRP/DHIS2
meeting held in Seattle.

I would like to start a discussion here on our interest as a community in responding to this RFI and coordinating a response. Please respond if you have thoughts on their requirements or are interested in playing a role in this potential implementation.

Warm regards,

Tenly Elizabeth Snow, MS

tenly.snow@openlmis.org

From: IAPHL@my.ibpinitiative.org on behalf of "ashley.canchola@gmail.com" ashley.canchola@gmail.com

Reply-To: “International Association for Public Health Logisticians (IAPHL)” IAPHL@my.ibpinitiative.org

Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at 12:26 PM

To: “International Association for Public Health Logisticians (IAPHL)” IAPHL@my.ibpinitiative.org

Subject: [iaphl] RFI- Logistics & Health Management Information Systems Solutions in El Salvador

Greetings IAPHL Community,

Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization bringing medicine, medical care and health programs to people affected by poverty or disaster. Responding to the needs of our local partners and the communities they serve, our work addresses health themes including health systems

strengthening. We are currently looking for information on what type of open LMIS and HMIS solutions exist to use with our partners in El Salvador. Please see the attached for more information and email me with any follow up questions. Warm Regards, Ashley Canchola

Darius JazayeriPrincipal Architect - Global Health
Email
djazayeri@thoughtworks.com

Telephone
+1 617 383 9369

ThoughtWorks