Logo refresh concepts - Feedback requested

On behalf of Rachel (CCed),

OpenLMIS_LogoRedesign_R2[2].pdf (1.37 MB)

···

Hello OpenLMIS Product Committee,

As part of the communications work involved in OpenLMIS 3.0 development, we are doing a refresh of the OpenLMIS.org website and logo. For the logo refresh we are working with a graphic design team and asked them to develop several concepts for us to choose from. Some of the concepts are based on the existing OpenLMIS logo and others are new concepts “from scratch.”

During the last Product Committee call ( notes here) I mentioned that it’s important for us to get your feedback on the logo refresh, as it should be reflective of our larger product and community. As such, I’m inviting all product committee members to take a look at the attached logo concepts and notify me of your top choice(s) by Monday, September 12. Please let me know any feedback you have (e.g. I like the image in concept 1A but the font of 2A) or any questions I can help answer. If needed, we will be able to make some small design adjustments for the final logo.

If you have any questions or would like to know more about the website and logo refresh process feel free to email me directly.

Kind regards,

Rachel Powers, MS | rachel.powers@villagereach.org

Associate, Information Systems

VillageReach * Starting at the Last Mile*

2900 Eastlake Ave. E, Suite 230, Seattle, WA 98102, USA

DIRECT: 1.206.512.1528 CELL: 1.808.284.1282

www.villagereach.org

Connect on Facebook, Twitter and our Blog

Hello All,

Just a friendly reminder to please send your feedback on the new OpenLMIS logo concepts if you have not done so already. You may send your responses directly to me.

Thank you,

Rachel Powers

···

Sent: Wednesday, September 7, 2016 3:35:05 PM

To: openlmis_product_committee@googlegroups.com

Cc: Rachel Powers

Subject: Logo refresh concepts - Feedback requested

As part of the communications work involved in OpenLMIS 3.0 development, we are doing a refresh of the OpenLMIS.org website and logo. For the logo refresh we are working with a graphic design team and asked them to develop several concepts for us to choose from. Some of the concepts are based on the existing OpenLMIS logo and others are new concepts “from scratch.”

During the last Product Committee call ( notes here) I mentioned that it’s important for us to get your feedback on the logo refresh, as it should be reflective of our larger product and community. As such, I’m inviting all product committee members to take a look at the attached logo concepts and notify me of your top choice(s) by Monday, September 12. Please let me know any feedback you have (e.g. I like the image in concept 1A but the font of 2A) or any questions I can help answer. If needed, we will be able to make some small design adjustments for the final logo.

If you have any questions or would like to know more about the website and logo refresh process feel free to email me directly.

Kind regards,

www.villagereach.org

I don’t have good graphic/color sense. In any case I vote for this one

Inline image 1

Thanks

Ashraf

···

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 12:56 PM, Rachel Powers rachel.powers@villagereach.org wrote:

Hello All,

Just a friendly reminder to please send your feedback on the new OpenLMIS logo concepts if you have not done so already. You may send your responses directly to me.

Thank you,

Rachel Powers

Sent: Wednesday, September 7, 2016 3:35:05 PM

Cc: Rachel Powers

Kind regards,

www.villagereach.org

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenLMIS Product Committee” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openlmis_product_committee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to openlmis_product_committee@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openlmis_product_committee/BN6PR02MB249781F840BC415F0A46F94B9CFF0%40BN6PR02MB2497.namprd02.prod.outlook.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Rachel,

I’m still a bit new to the OpenLMIS Product Committee. I realize this is later than the requested feedback date, but thought I’d offer it up even so.

1.    I’m not sure what design objectives we had for the new logos, or generally what are the branding objectives for OpenLMIS and the messaging to be evoked by the logos etc. Are these represented anywhere?

2.    Generally, for me, the single or limited color palette treatments 2A to 3C are not very exciting and do not stimulate a sense of something activity. I feel somewhat the same in reaction to 4B because of the uniformity of the font for the product name and the single color.

3.    Is there meant to be “affiliation”(i.e. common messaging, common branding elements) amongst OpenMRS, OpenHMIS and OpenLMIS? I noted that 4A and 4B share some elements with the Open MRS and OpenHMIS logoing. If there is not, ought we to pursue differentiation?

4.    I like 1A. There is much more of a sense of action and movement to that one. I like the contrast of the narrow and thick font in the name. However, I would suggest colored fonts for the name as the current font coloration looks drab and doesn’t have impact on first look. I would also recommend the Globe Icon from the sample in the upper right of the icon variations page, but mirrored so that the half-arrow comes in from the left.

Hope this helps.

···

Mr. Dominic JONES

Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Management Information Systems (MIS) SME

Contractor forUSAID Global Health Supply Chain Program

Procurement and Supply Management

251 18th Street South,

Suite 1200

Arlington, VA, 22202

United States of America

o: +1 202 558 5705

e: djones@ghsc-psm.org

From: openlmis_product_committee@googlegroups.com [mailto:openlmis_product_committee@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Mary Jo Kochendorfer

Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2016 6:35 PM

Cc: Rachel Powers rachel.powers@villagereach.org

Kind regards,

www.villagereach.org

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenLMIS Product Committee” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openlmis_product_committee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to
openlmis_product_committee@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openlmis_product_committee/DM5PR02MB234559921F44588BAA5B809C8FF80%40DM5PR02MB2345.namprd02.prod.outlook.com

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.