OpenLMIS Community Meeting Rescheduled

(Mary Jo Kochendorfer) #1

Thank you for providing your thoughts and ideas!

@Mahmud For more information on the Global Digital Health Forum, you can find links and our submissions
here
. I’m not sure where they (GDHF) are on the agenda development, etc. We have not heard back from them on the abstracts we submitted. Regarding sponsorship, there is a potential for the OpenLMIS community to sponsor individuals based on who is presenting and if we have an “add on” meeting.

@Brandon and @Alfred – I’ve updated the
conferences page
to reflect the potential opportunity. I look forward to hearing more about ideas around GS1 presentations ideas or ways to showcase OpenLMIS. I’m not clear on the costs or what it takes to get on the speaker schedule. Alfred, if you know more about the costs and participants – please add it to the wiki so we can discuss the feasibility.

@Ryan – great to hear and good ideas.

@Wes – I like the idea of a hack-a-thon! I’d reach out to our friends at OpenHIE to see what it takes and how to set one up for success. I’d appreciate hearing more about what needs to be in place to create the right environment. Also, curious to hear from the community if we think participants of GHSCS would be interested in a hack-a-thon.

Great to have some discussion. Good ideas!

Regards,

Mary Jo

···

From: openlmis_product_committee@googlegroups.com on behalf of "ryan.freeland@villagereach.org" ryan.freeland@villagereach.org

Date: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 12:52 PM

To: OpenLMIS Product Committee openlmis_product_committee@googlegroups.com

Subject: Re: Update: OpenLMIS Community Meeting Rescheduled

+1 for Wes’ idea, too.

Mary Jo – I think both conferences are a great idea for the community meeting. While I am not planning to attend either at the moment (although, I do hope to attend at least one), I think a demo / prioritization / user feedback workshop would be very fascinating to hold at the conference in Lusaka.

On Monday, August 13, 2018 at 8:29:31 AM UTC-7, Brandon Bowersox-Johnson wrote:

+1 for Wes’s idea of including a hackathon/developer days after both of those gatherings. At the OpenHIE event just held in Arusha, it was hugely valuable to bring developers from many countries together working on similar issues and tools. We need to invest in developer capacity building and skills sharing across our 9 implementations.

Regarding the 2 conferences, I also wanted to mention a third event (info below), a Tanzania Health Supply Chain Summit in October 2018. At that event, Alfred Mchau suggests we could propose a GS1 session with the government team (those from TZ that attended the GS1 conference in Addis) presenting the high level value statement/business case. Also, it would be great if we could do a demo of OpenLMIS or support local teams to hold a demo showcasing the GS1 track-and-trace for people to see.

TANZANIA HEALTH SUPPLY CHAIN SUMMIT 2018

“Vision 2025 and Beyond”

October 10-11, 2018

Doubletree Hilton Hotel, Dar es Salaam

The health supply chain summit will focus on strengthening public delivery of health commodities and promote private sector engagement by providing a platform for supply chain partners to meet and discuss current status and future country directions.

SESSIONS INCLUDE:

1. Current Status of Tanzania Health Supply Chain.
  1. Global trends in Health Supply Chain.
  1. Supply chain of the future; Innovation and best practices.
  1. Future direction of Tanzania Supply Chain.

NOTE:

• We have limited slots, so register on or before 15th September to reserve your seat.
  • Conference packages are covered for all participants throughout the whole duration of the Summit.
  • Government participants from outside Dar es Salaam will be entitled to per diem and reimbursement of land transport expenses.

For more information, please contact: secretariat@healthsupplychain-summit.or.tz

TO REGISTER, CLICK ANY LINK BELOW:

Participants registration

Exhibitors registration

Sponsors registration

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenLMIS Product Committee” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openlmis_product_committee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to
openlmis_product_committee@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openlmis_product_committee/1c20fe8b-5c16-4d80-907e-0e587c2441e3%40googlegroups.com

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.