OpenLMIS COVID Edition & C19RM

Hello OpenLMIS partners,

I’m writing to highlight a country-level funding opportunity via the Global Fund to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. C19RM is a newly formed funding mechanism providing this funding, and we encourage partners to integrate the OpenLMIS COVID Edition into these conversations at the country level to encourage fast-track adoption of OpenLMIS to support COVID products, with the option to eventually expand the system to cover other program areas as well. Our website and this pdf have more details about what is included in the OpenLMIS COVID Edition.

Further details are outlined below. As always feel free to reach out to me with any questions!
Best,
Rebecca

What is C19RM?

C19RM is the Global Fund’s COVID-19 Response Mechanism supporting countries to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on programs to fight HIV, TB and malaria, and initiates urgent improvements in health and community systems. All countries, including regional/multi-country recipients, that are currently receiving funding from the Global Fund, are eligible to receive C19RM funding. The funding is focused on COVID response efforts, as well as health system strengthening overall so OpenLMIS COVID Edition fits in well to this mandate.

Opportunity

This is an opportunity to engage with country-based decision makers to steer funding toward critical open source eLMIS infrastructure for long-term health system strengthening using OpenLMIS v3

Deadlines

Countries can apply through Country Coordinating Mechanisms (CCMs) and request funding through a Full Funding Request during the four submission windows as well as make a Fast-track Funding Request on a rolling basis: (i) 14 May 2021, (ii) 31 May 2021, (iii) 15 June 2021, (iv) 30 June 2021. This is a multi-stakeholder consultative process that necessitates relevant stakeholders to be actively involved. All applications must be aligned with National Strategic Preparedness and Response Plans for COVID-19 (NSRP).