PC: A time for transition

(Mary Jo Kochendorfer) #1

Dearest OpenLMIS community,

It is with a paradox of feelings and a heavy heart that I write to inform you of my upcoming departure from VillageReach and my role as OpenLMIS Product Manager/Owner. It would take a book to detail and elaborate on how much I have appreciated the opportunity to work with all of you in building OpenlMIS and expanding our community. The collection of organizations involved in OpenLMIS is impressive and humbling. Thank you to everyone for making my time with OpenLMIS so enriching and fulfilling.

The OpenLMIS team has come up with a transition plan for my responsibilities in 2019 while the community considers the long-term business model throughout the year. We will welcome a new OpenLMIS steward, Brian Taliesin, to take over a large chunk of my responsibilities in community coordination, relationship management, advocacy and product management vision. Digital Square has graciously offered to support Brian Taliesin’s time. However, we understand that Brian, at 50%, will not be able to manage the day-to-day product management responsibilities. We are exploring the possibility of Wes Brown taking up some of those key activities after the release of 3.6.

We ask for your patience and understanding as we are still finalizing the details and some things may still fluctuate. For the current draft breakdown roles and responsibilities, please see this document. If you think we are missing something, please let us know so we can figure out an appropriate point of contact moving forward. My last day is February 1st and we will continue to define the transition plan prior to my departure

To some of you Brian is a new face. Brian Taliesin leads the Project and Knowledge Management team at PATH, and has a long history with our efforts from the Collaborative Requirements Development Methodology (CRDM) that served as a catalyst for early versions of OpenLMIS along with associated adaptations for immunization information systems, advocating for interoperability and global standards including GS1, and integrating the supply chain with a country’s eHealth architecture with the support of OpenHIE.

What’s next for me? I am taking a new position at the Digital Impact Alliance. I will be working on the team digging into the ICT building blocks for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). I am happy to announce that my new role will still provide me with opportunities to work with the OpenLMIS community.

I will stay in Seattle and I hope to stay in touch!! I will update my Slack, Forum, Atlassian information with my personal information so I can stay in touch with the community.

With warm regards,

Mary Jo