Proposal for New Reporting Documentation in ReadTheDocs

Hi,

We are working on creating reporting documentation for ReadTheDocs and I would like to propose a structure for the documentation. Currently, ReadTheDocs is built using this structure. We would like to add the following:

• Reporting Platform - This document would provide an overview of the reporting platform and serve as a link to each component of the platform

Subheadings:

– Nifi

– Kafka

– Druid

– SuperSet

Each of the subheading would focus on sharing resources about the service with links to GitHub repositories, subpages and the wiki. Subpages would define the first run experience and provide an introduction to development.

Does this look like an appropriate structure?

Is it fine to add this as a separate heading that’s at the same level as Architecture, Components, Contributing, etc?

Thank you,

Craig

Hi Craig,

I have a few suggestions that are slightly different in order to try to keep the developer docs organized consistently:

• The new “Reporting Platform” document and sub-headings can live inside the “Components” top level section. This is similar to the way the “Reference UI” lives in Components and consists of multiple parts with multiple git repos.

• Add a 1-sentence mention of the Reporting Platform into the first paragraph of the Architecture page. (I would be glad to write this or propose a pull request.)

• Later, if/when we have special instructions for deploying the Reporting Platform onto cloud servers, we can add a page or section in Deployment.

I really like your suggestions about the sub-headings and sub-pages for each component.

-Brandon

···

From: openlmis-dev@googlegroups.com on behalf of Craig Appl cappl@ona.io

Date: Monday, May 7, 2018 at 11:05 AM

To: OpenLMIS Dev openlmis-dev@googlegroups.com

Subject: [openlmis-dev] Proposal for New Reporting Documentation in ReadTheDocs

Hi,

We are working on creating reporting documentation for ReadTheDocs and I would like to propose a structure for the documentation. Currently, ReadTheDocs is built using this structure . We would like to add the following:

• Reporting Platform - This document would provide an overview of the reporting platform and serve as a link to each component of the platform

Subheadings:

– Nifi

– Kafka

– Druid

– SuperSet

Each of the subheading would focus on sharing resources about the service with links to GitHub repositories, subpages and the wiki. Subpages would define the first run experience and provide an introduction to development.

Does this look like an appropriate structure?

Is it fine to add this as a separate heading that’s at the same level as Architecture, Components, Contributing, etc?

Thank you,

Craig

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenLMIS Dev” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openlmis-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to openlmis-dev@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openlmis-dev/43408019-42da-4c9e-9702-05637b293b7b%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.