proposing topics to tech committee call next week

(Hope everyone is already in OpenLMIS Dev group…)

Hi there,

I’d like to propose a couple of topics to tech committee call this week.

Reference data management. When there are configuration items or reference data items (for example, "stock movement reasons”) which appear to be specific to country need, what is our strategy to handle them? Should there be a CMS module so that each country implementation can have its own reference data stored without bothering other countries?

Independent reporting. Should we start considering building a general purposed reporting mechanism outside of OpenLMIS codebase? It might be an ETL tool extracting data from OpenLMIS database and build cubes, then a data mining tool allows easy slicing and dicing from various dimensions, then a reporting tool enables custom charts/diagrams configuration.

We saw these needs from Mozambique requirements, and we anticipate they would be common to other countries. Should we have a discussion on them to synchronise our thoughts?

···

Jeff Xiong
ThoughtWorks
+86 186 826 53819

Sounds good. I’d also like to discuss how to make progress on the stabilization/release tag work we talked about at the DC conference. I started a list of work items in JIRA, available under the “OpenLMIS 2.0 Stabilization” filter (https://openlmis.atlassian.net/issues/?filter=13101 ). It has items like creating the Jenkins and Sonar server, some DB cleanup, feature toggles, etc. We should talk about who can own these – our goal was to get this work done by January 2016.

BTW, I heard Elias was traveling the next few weeks and may not be able to attend. Elias, please share any input you’d like us to consider.

Thanks - Rich

···

(Hope everyone is already in
OpenLMIS Dev
group…)

Hi there,

I’d like to propose a couple of topics to tech committee call this week.

Reference data management . When there are configuration items or reference data items (for example, "stock movement reasons”) which appear to be specific to country need, what is our strategy to handle them? Should there be a CMS module so that each country implementation can have its own reference data stored without bothering other countries?

Independent reporting . Should we start considering building a general purposed reporting mechanism outside of OpenLMIS codebase? It might be an ETL tool extracting data from OpenLMIS database and build cubes, then a data mining tool allows easy slicing and dicing from various dimensions, then a reporting tool enables custom charts/diagrams configuration.

We saw these needs from Mozambique requirements, and we anticipate they would be common to other countries. Should we have a discussion on them to synchronise our thoughts?

Jeff Xiong

ThoughtWorks

+86 186 826 53819

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenLMIS Dev” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openlmis-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to
openlmis-dev@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openlmis-dev/CANMPmeQT2GmKsofJsfMhb4z4sADQQ%2B7z%2BGMq6fxs37CvwfP4zw%40mail.gmail.com

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.