Requisition-UI docker dependency on Requisition (?)

I have a question about the Requisition-UI — why does this UI-specific docker/project force the inclusion of the requisitions docker image?

From what I understood from early conversations was that UI projects would be seperate/parallel to their API projects.

This was problematic for me when I was attempting to run the Requisitions-UI after previously installing and running Requisitions on the same machine — I got a bunch of “container name already defined” errors. Deleting the previously installed containers fixed the problem…

I assume there is a dependency for Requisitions from Requisitions-UI for integration testing… maybe?

Please let me know if there is some logic that I’m missing

thanks!

– nick –

Hi Nick,
Currently the requisition-refui can be run separately using docker-compose.yml that uses developer image openlmis/requisition-refui by typing: `docker-compose run --service-ports requisition-refui

`The file docker-compose.prod.yml should not force the inclusion of the requisition and auth images. This solution works for now, but it I agree with you that it causes problems and should be improved.
I think that the openlmis-blue repository should be used to connect requsition-ui with other microservices and docker-compose-prod.yml file should not force the inclusion of other microservices. I created a ticket for that: https://openlmis.atlassian.net/browse/OLMIS-1046
Please let me know if all the points from description sound reasonably and are clear.

Regards,
Weronika

···

On Thursday, 15 September 2016 02:04:25 UTC+2, Nick Reid wrote:

I have a question about the Requisition-UI — why does this UI-specific docker/project force the inclusion of the requisitions docker image?

From what I understood from early conversations was that UI projects would be seperate/parallel to their API projects.

This was problematic for me when I was attempting to run the Requisitions-UI after previously installing and running Requisitions on the same machine — I got a bunch of “container name already defined” errors. Deleting the previously installed containers fixed the problem…

I assume there is a dependency for Requisitions from Requisitions-UI for integration testing… maybe?

thanks!

– nick –

Weronika~

This sounds about right… I think you are right that once openlmis-blue is deployable, we should connect the UI through that, and not directly to the Requisition service (but for now, we should work towards making progress)

Thanks for making a ticket to reflect this

– nick –

···

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 2:05 AM Weronika Ciecierska wciecierska@soldevelo.com wrote:

Hi Nick,
Currently the requisition-refui can be run separately using docker-compose.yml that uses developer image openlmis/requisition-refui by typing: `docker-compose run --service-ports requisition-refui

`The file docker-compose.prod.yml should not force the inclusion of the requisition and auth images. This solution works for now, but it I agree with you that it causes problems and should be improved.
I think that the openlmis-blue repository should be used to connect requsition-ui with other microservices and docker-compose-prod.yml file should not force the inclusion of other microservices. I created a ticket for that: https://openlmis.atlassian.net/browse/OLMIS-1046
Please let me know if all the points from description sound reasonably and are clear.

Regards,
Weronika

On Thursday, 15 September 2016 02:04:25 UTC+2, Nick Reid wrote:

thanks!

– nick –

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenLMIS Dev” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openlmis-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to openlmis-dev@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openlmis-dev/5170dbe3-356a-40c3-ac30-94f201d3e23c%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.